Sunday 10 July 2011

When Martin met Alan...

Put this little piece together last night as a wee tribute to an old friend and fellow comic geek, Martin up in MK. Martin first introduced me to Watchmen, and Alan Moore's post 2000 AD work, in the straw bale and marquee canteen servicing a legendary series of alternative living/outdoor educational camps that we were both heavily involved with in the late '80s and early '90s. Working on the site crew I remember that a lot of down time found a dedicated cell of addicts gathered over tables of beer and coffee and Martin's complete Watchmen collection...heady days ho hum. This is based on some snaps from when M got to meet Mr Moore himself at a recent signing, so as a jobbing freelance illustrator myself now, inspired partly by such works M introduced me to, this sketch kind of sqaures a circle for me in a neatish kind of way...Thanks Martin!

(Click image for bigness)


No comments:

Post a Comment